Monday, July 27, 2009

Training: week 1

Greetings from Greeley, CO!

Training has been challenging yet rewarding, and there is still more to come in Beijing next week!

Here's the schedule:
July 20-28--Greeley, CO (see pictures below!)
July 28-August 26--Beijing, China
August 26-January 28--Chongqing, China
January 28-February 3--Annual Thailand Conference
February 3-June 30--Chongqing, China

As I re-pack my bags and embark on the next step into China, I am thankful for the reminder to keep our eyes looking forward, not behind.  Though I enter a country I have never been and leave the country I've spent two decades building as my home, I remember where my true home is: a place with no borders, visas, overweight baggage fees, or unique toilets, but a place with the Father in eternal glory--how beautiful is this home, and how boundless the invitation to enter!  Sometimes I'm tempted to think of what I've sacrificed to teach overseas, but I'm reminded that "Heaven to a manger was a much bigger step."  

One week complete and four more to go--catch everyone later across the Pacific!
 
Week 1 of training in Greeley, CO:

More bars in more places...















Picturesque campus of the University of Northern Colorado:


















UNC dorms: don't they remind you of Hogwarts? =P



















MUHOMU (Mac Users Helping Other Mac Users) party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment